Downtown is Austin's cultural and community hub. Home of live music; parks; and cultural, historic, and iconic places that bring the streets to life with character and vibrancy. We work to preserve, enhance, and activate our downtown to maintain Austin's unique vibe. Join us in achieving this vision.
🎄 Embark on a Festive Partnership with Downtown Austin Alliance! 🎄
This holiday season, we are seeking an energetic and dependable holiday tree vendor to partner with us in bringing joy and festive spirit to downtown Austin. As we prepare to craft unforgettable experiences for the community, we are in search of a Holiday Decor and Tree vendor who aligns with our commitment to excellence and the creation of enchanting holiday environments.
The downtown holiday tree, ceremoniously installed the week following Thanksgiving, serves as the beacon heralding the commencement of the holiday season for Downtown Austin. Positioned at the steps of the capitol gates on Congress Ave, it symbolizes the beginning of a season filled with warmth and celebration. Submit the application and fill in the responses to the best of your ability.
Deadline to submit is February 23rd, 2024.
All vendors who apply will undergo review by a task force committee.
Vendor will be selected by March 31st, 2024.
If any firms have questions or need additional information to clarify the intent of this Solicitation, submit questions or requests in an email to Angela Navarro, Events & PR Manager at email@example.com, with a copy to Brandon Fahy, Director of Downtown Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please transmit such questions no later than 11:59 [p.m.] Central Time on February 20, 2024,
The Downtown Austin Alliance Foundation was established in 2019 as the 501(c)(3) nonprofit extension of the Downtown Austin Alliance. The Foundation’s mission is to create, preserve and enhance, the vibe, vitality and value of downtown Austin for everyone.
The Foundation is charged with implementing key projects that support the Downtown Alliance’s vision. That includes holding the management contract to operate, program and fund Republic Square, as well as leading place-based activations and initiatives downtown as outlined in the Roadmap to Recovery and Resilience.
To get involved or for more information, please contact the Foundation.
*Users must create an account or sign in to submittable in order to complete the donor pledge form.
Saturday, December 2nd from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Congress Ave. between 9th & 11th Street
- Volunteers needed: 15 – 20
- Time frame: 4:00 pm arrival time, end time 9:00 pm
- Event Details: KUT, KUTX and the Downtown Austin Alliance Present the Sing-Along & Holiday Stroll
- Provided for Volunteers: Access to the green room with food, non-alcoholic drinks, bathroom, parking, and t-shirt (volunteers will need to provide their size)
- Volunteer Duties:
- Revival Alley – teen zone with skate ramp, live music, food vendors, interactive lighting installation and live muralist
- Old Bakery Emporium – Information tent, artist table, ornament table
- Kids Zone – snow globe, candy cane lane
While the deadline for committee applications for 2023-2024 has passed, we are always accepting applications for future service. Seats are limited but applications will be kept on file for two years and will be the starting point for filling future committee vacancies.
Be The Change You Want To See in Downtown
Are you looking for a way to use your expertise to make downtown Austin an even better place? The Downtown Austin Alliance is seeking volunteers to join our working committees. These committees advance the community’s vision for downtown by supporting our strategic plan priorities. The mission of the Downtown Austin Alliance is to create, preserve and enhance the vibe, vitality and value of downtown Austin for everyone. Dedicated to downtown, our team of staff and volunteers is led by our six core values. These are our commitments to how we approach working toward our mission in everything we do:
- Lead with Relentless Vision
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Passion
- Foster Collaboration
- Mindfully Impact
- Cultivate Inclusivity
We opened our committees to community applications this year because we know we cannot achieve our goals alone. If selected, you may participate in committee work to keep downtown safe and welcoming to everyone, spearhead new downtown murals, make public policy recommendations to our board of directors, or create innovative and engaging ways to activate our parks and public spaces. Each of our committees will be composed of Downtown Austin Alliance board members and community members. We are looking for volunteers to serve on these four committees:
Mobility Committee –
- Five-Year Goal: Downtown is easier and more enjoyable to access and move within, has enhanced pedestrian and transportation facilities, and improved connections to neighboring communities.
- Focus: This year, the Mobility Committee’s priorities include the City of Austin CoreTransportation Plan, a subsidized parking program for venues and service employees, and regional and downtown best practices for construction mitigation, among other issues and projects.
- Needs: We are seeking experts in mobility user access and experience, multi-modal transportation, local/state/federal advocacy, parking, construction mitigation, and the mobility needs of downtown employees, tourists, and residents.
Built Environment Committee –
- Five-Year Goal: Downtown grows with a delightful and eclectic mix of modern investment and beautiful public spaces while preserving historic character and funky weirdness.
- Focus: This year, the Built Environment Committee will work on an attainable housing event, development codes and policies, an implementation strategy for the Palm District Plan, the historic entertainment district (centered around E. 6th), and policies to enhance cultural and historic preservation, among other issues and projects.
- Needs: We are seeking experts in public-private partnerships; architecture and urban design; urban housing; preservation; and downtown development, construction, and the land development code.
Public Space Experience Committee –
- Five-Year Goal: Downtown is clean, safe, and welcoming for everyone.
- Focus: This year, the Public Space Experience Committee will work on a plan for improved social services delivery, scoping a maintenance service request app, increasing shelter beds, a private camera interface with the Austin Police Department (APD), a night-time crime reduction pilot program, and a mural at Old Bakery, among other issues and projects.
- Needs: We are seeking experts in homelessness, social service delivery, hospitality, public safety (especially night-time safety), social service systems, beautification, and activation of public spaces as a strategy to enhance perceptions of safety.
Active Urbanism Committee –
- Five-Year Goal: Downtown ignites, attracts, and cultivates authentic arts, culture, music, nature, and sense of place.
- Focus: This year, the Active Urbanism Committee will work on a catalog of public spaces for activation, the Our Future 35 Cap and Stitch program, storefront activation, physical improvements at Republic Square, assessment of a possible partnership agreement for Old Bakery, our Writing on the Walls mural program, Musicians Activating Spaces, and scoping a flagship artist event, among other issues and projects.
- Needs: We are seeking artists and creatives, landscape architects, and experts in parks and plazas, participatory engagement, heritage and history, public art, music, retail, placemaking, and storytelling.
- We encourage Downtown Austin Alliance members and non-members to apply. We do not require membership for committee service.
- If selected, we ask for a commitment to regular attendance, preparation and participation in committee meetings and projects.
- Committees meet roughly every other month for 1.5 hours, though they may meet more or less frequently as needed. Committee members may be encouraged or invited to read, explore, or attend additional events to enhance their familiarity with key issues.
- Committees are advisory to the Downtown Austin Alliance Board of Directors.
- Committee terms are from September/October 2023 to April 2025.
To maximize committee effectiveness, our committees are small and active; we have limited opportunities to serve and may not be able to accept all who apply. The Downtown Austin Alliance values inclusivity and is committed to a culture of engagement that operates with consideration and respect for all. Therefore, we encourage Black, Brown, Indigenous, Latinx, and Asian applicants, women and applicants from other underrepresented or underserved communities to apply.
The Downtown Austin Alliance is currently accepting ongoing applications for Food Trucks
Whether you’re an established artist looking to showcase your latest work or an up-and-coming talent, this general call for artists provides a dynamic platform to share your creativity! Unlike a traditional call for artists, this platform was created to help artists and creative individuals submit ideas at times most convenient for them and on an ongoing basis without specific project or deadline requirements. Downtown Austin’s Writing on the Walls program curates and launches larger-than-life public artworks that bring people together from all different organizations and areas in the city to uplift the creative community.
What: The Downtown Austin Alliance Foundation is accepting applications for our ongoing ARTBOX program which is a part of the Writing on the Wall initiative. The ARTBOX program will enhance utility electric boxes with inspired artwork by the selected artist.
Who: The Downtown Austin Alliance Foundation will work with an artist selection panel comprised of community leaders, arts and culture advocates, creatives, and residents in proximity of the ARTBOX to select an artist, approve the design, manage and oversee the execution, installation, and maintenance of the ARTBOX.
Why: The ARTBOX Program will create vibrancy downtown, a platform for local artists to showcase their talents, and bring light to the history and culture of the area
Timing: Rolling Basis